The James Heal 'Performance Testing' collection
Your complementary range of instruments designed specifically for testing performance wear and technical textiles.
What is performance testing in textiles?
Compared with mainstream fashion garments, performance fabrics have technical or functional benefits, for comfort and/or safety.
The rise in performance fabrics means there is a need for new and improved technology for testing their performance to back up their claims.
Why is performance testing of textiles needed?
The functionality of performance wear and technical textiles must be qualified by evidence.
James Heal textiles performance testing instruments are designed to give you confidence in their results (whether you are a manufacturer, retailer, or brand).
Discover the best technical textiles testing solutions
Designed specifically for testing performance wear and technical textiles - developed for you.
Get help with your testing from our in-house technical experts.
Learn more about performance testing
Download our free Guide to Performance Testing designed to help technicians and lab managers better understand performance testing of technical textiles in their industries.
What our guide covers:
- trends driving the industry
- how to test functional, technical and performance-based fabrics
- understand the appropriate standards and test methods
- deciding on the right testing instrument(s) and reference materials
- better understanding of a growing area of materials testing - to help your company win new business